Tuesday, October 20, 2009

hymn sing

Dad and I sat at breakfast yesterday and talked about the old hymns that fed our hope and faith in these days. This is the one I have been singing tonight, though not quite David Phelps.

O Love that wilt not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

O light that foll’west all my way,
I yield my flick’ring torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be.
We have felt held by Love today. Mom had a long, hard day and also made progress. I feel both loved and grateful.



Peace,
Milton

3 comments:

KJ said...

amazing. David and I were in school together at Baylor. He's a great a guy as he is a singer.

I'm praying for you and your family this morning. Grateful that you are already feeling loved.

Jennifer said...

Prayers here, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that hymn. Hymns are so rich; I wish we used them more in church.